To Join by Phone:
Teleconference number: 866-830-2902
Participant code: 2453758
To join by WebEx:
Meeting number: 747 982 183
Meeting password: !Energy1
This workshop will be used to explore in more detail the options for Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) Scenario Development and the role of GHG targets within IRP.
A quorum of Commissioners may attend the workshop, but no votes will be taken.
IRP Scenarios and Modeling: In October and November 2016, Energy Division staff initiated two different series of public webinars to foster transparency and facilitate the ability of Energy Division staff to develop a proposal for implementing the IRP process in 2017.
· Modeling Advisory Group: One series of webinars focused specifically on the technical, modeling-related aspects of IRP.
· Scenario Development: The second series of webinars focused on higher level planning concepts and issues involved in developing and selecting scenarios and portfolios of future resources.
GHG Planning Targets: On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 the CPUC Energy Division Staff White Paper on Implementing GHG Planning Targets in the IRP Process was circulated to parties of CPUC Rulemaking R.16-02-007. Informal comments from parties were requested by November 30th, 2016. The purpose of this paper was to:
- Propose objectives to guide implementation of GHG planning targets in the IRP process
- Present four potential GHG target-setting options
- Solicit feedback from parties on the above items
This workshop will be used to discuss party feedback on these items.
This December 16th workshop will be posted to the Commission’s Daily Calendar. An agenda and other workshop materials will be emailed to the service list in advance of the workshop.