CESA’s invitation-only Annual Market Development Forum (MDF) brings together over 200 executives for an intimate meeting focused on growing the ecosystem for grid-connected energy storage in California. Now in its 9th year, the MDF is structured to encourage out-of-the-box thinking, constructive dialogue on resolving barriers and realizing opportunities, networking, and relationship building.
This premier event provides direct access to high-level executives from CESA member companies, California's investor-owned and publicly-owned utilities, CAISO, CPUC, Legislature, and CEC. We intentionally limit attendance to this important market-making event to ensure an intimate and collaborative environment!
The Market Development Forum (MDF) will take place on February 28, 2018 in Berkeley, California
Location: David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
What to expect: Key topics explored in 2017 included:
- Wholesale and retail strategies for managing a changing grid
- Energy storage capacity as a planning tool
- Storage as a non-wires alternative
- Organizational and strategic shifts at California utilities
- The view from Sacramento
- Check out last year's 2017 Market Development Forum Program
Speakers at the 2017 MDF include:
- Nick Chaset, Chief of Staff for President Picker, CPUC
- Roy Kuga, Vice President, Grid Integration & Innovation, PG&E
- Karl Meeusen, Senior Advisor on Infrastructure Policy, CAISO
- Neil Millar, Transmission Planning, CAISO
- Carla Peterman, Commissioner, CPUC
- Liane Randolph, Commissioner, CPUC
- Ed Randolph, Energy Division Director, CPUC
- Tom Doughty, Vice President, Customer and State Affairs, CAISO
- Nancy Skinner, Senator, California State Senate
- Will Speer, Director of Electric System Planning, SDG&E
- Gary Stern, Sr. Director of Energy Policy, SCE
“Well done! I loved the open dialogue and the 'collaborative, out of the box thinking' undertone of the meeting. We were all there together to get it done. CESA did an excellent job.”
- Byron Washom, Director, Strategic Energy Initiatives, University of California, San Diego
“It was great to meet with all the key stakeholders in energy storage. A highly productive event! We look forward to another exciting gathering next year.”
- Erica He, Director, New Business Development, Sumitomo Electric, USA
"Networking was excellent, as was the venue."
- Mirko Wutzler, Director, Business Development, German American Chamber of Commerce
Sponsorship: There are limited sponsorship opportunities for non-CESA members to attend and boost exposure in front of this exclusive group of market makers. Sponsorship also includes complimentary passes. Past sponsors include PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, Emerson Network Power, Troutman Sanders, Wells Fargo, and CalCharge. For more information about sponsorship or the event in general please contact Jin Noh at email@example.com or 510-665-7811 x109.