CESA’s invitation-only Annual Market Development Forum (MDF) brings together over 200 executives for an intimate meeting focused on growing the ecosystem for grid-connected energy storage in California. Now in its 9th year, the MDF is structured to encourage out-of-the-box thinking, constructive dialogue on resolving barriers and realizing opportunities, networking, and relationship building.
This premier event provides direct access to high-level executives from CESA member companies, California's investor-owned and publicly-owned utilities, CAISO, CPUC, Legislature, and CEC. We intentionally limit attendance to this important market-making event to ensure an intimate and collaborative environment!
The Market Development Forum (MDF) will take place on March 1, 2017 in Berkeley, California
Location: David Brower Center, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
What to expect: Key topics to be explored include:
- Wholesale and retail strategies for managing a changing grid
- Energy storage capacity as a planning tool
- Storage as a non-wires alternative
- Organizational and strategic shifts at California utilities
- The view from Sacramento
- Check out this year's 2017 Market Development Forum Program
Speakers at the 2017 MDF include:
- Nick Chaset, Chief of Staff for President Picker, CPUC
- Roy Kuga, Vice President, Grid Integration & Innovation, PG&E
- Karl Meeusen, Senior Advisor on Infrastructure Policy, CAISO
- Neil Millar, Transmission Planning, CAISO
- Carla Peterman, Commissioner, CPUC
- Liane Randolph, Commissioner, CPUC
- Ed Randolph, Energy Division Director, CPUC
- Mark Rothleder, Vice President, CAISO
- Nancy Skinner, Senator, California State Senate
- Will Speer, Director of Electric System Planning, SDG&E
- Gary Stern, Sr. Director of Energy Policy, SCE
“Well done! I loved the open dialogue and the 'collaborative, out of the box thinking' undertone of the meeting. We were all there together to get it done. CESA did an excellent job.”
- Byron Washom, Director, Strategic Energy Initiatives, University of California, San Diego
“It was great to meet with all the key stakeholders in energy storage. A highly productive event! We look forward to another exciting gathering next year.”
- Erica He, Director, New Business Development, Sumitomo Electric, USA
"Networking was excellent, as was the venue."
- Mirko Wutzler, Director, Business Development, German American Chamber of Commerce
Tickets: CESA members, MDF Sponsors, and other invitees may use their special registration code to purchase tickets here.
Travel: The David Brower Center is located a block from the Downtown Berkeley BART station. Limited street and garage parking is available. As for lodging, Hotel Shattuck Plaza (2086 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704) is CESA's preferred hotel. To make a reservation, you can access Strategen's 15% discount by booking here.
Sponsorship: There are limited sponsorship opportunities for non-CESA members to attend and boost exposure in front of this exclusive group of market makers. Sponsorship also includes complimentary passes. Past sponsors include PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, Emerson Network Power, Troutman Sanders, Wells Fargo, and CalCharge. For more information about sponsorship levels and benefits, please see the Sponsorship Application.
Contact Zoe Fishman at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about sponsorship opportunities.
Program Questions: For more information on the program or CESA, please contact Jin Noh at email@example.com or 510-665-7811 x109